Spriggs Forum
Colorado Rockies - MLB Design Face Masks Online Store

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Spriggs Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 26-12-2020 03:06:56    Onderwerp: Colorado Rockies - MLB Design Face Masks Online Store Reageren met citaat
Harden, the eight-time All-Star who has requested to be traded to a contender, did not report to the Toyota Center for COVID-19 testing until Tuesday, two days after the Rockets held their first team practice. If he continues to test negative, he could be cleared to practice Monday.

We all want to see sports again. What we want, however, doesn’t necessarily dovetail with the greater human need. We need to make ourselves as secure as is possible in as dangerous a time as our nation has seen in a century. We still haven’t fully comprehended how COVID-19 works, and we haven’t yet arrived at anything approaching a cure.

Most of us are sheltering in place. Almost every aspect of sports has been shut down. And yet, in the span of 24 hours, we were handed two reminders of how stubborn the people who run sports can be.Arizona Diamondbacks

LSU will forgo participating in a bowl game this season, adding to the list of self-imposed sanctions stemming from the NCAA's investigation into improper booster payments to its football players.Colorado Rockies

Mike Schmidt, a Hall of Fame third baseman who helped lure Allen out of retirement to return to Philadelphia for a second stint with the team in 1975, was among the former players who attended the ceremony. They wore masks and sat several feet apart during the coronavirus pandemic that shortened the major league season to 60 games. The Phillies planned to honor Allen again in 2021 with fans in attendance.Atlanta Braves

When looking at OPS+, which adjusts a player’s OPS for park factors and league hitting environment, with the average being 100, Allen also comes out strong. His career OPS+ of 156 (meaning his OPS was 56% better than the average player during his career) is the 19th-highest in major league history, tied with Mays and Thomas, and ahead of Aaron.

Well, in Orlando a couple of years ago, I found myself in line to get food behind Bill James. I'm not unlike many baseball writers and wanna-be analysts -- James has had and continues to have a profound impact on the way I think about the game. We also happen to have both been raised in the rural Midwest. I was introduced to him once years ago at a SABR event in Kansas City, but it was awkward and fleeting, so I knew he didn't recognize me. I followed him through the food line, which had to take at least 10 minutes. I encountered him again waiting for the elevator, then rode up the elevator with him for a few floors, just the two of us. I may have nodded at him at some point, but no words were exchanged.Washington Nationals

Kurkjian: My favorite quote from any winter meetings came in 1982. The lowly Rangers, the team I covered for The Dallas Morning News, had gone to the meetings with big hopes of making several major trades or signings, all of them necessary. Instead, all they came home with was reliever Odell Jones in the Rule 5 draft. I asked how the team was going to explain the disappointing meetings to its fans. Assistant GM Paul Richards, a venerable baseball man, said, "Well, we're going to have to sell the s--- out of Odell Jones.''
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Spriggs Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: