Spriggs Forum
MLB Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Spriggs Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
BessLineberger

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-12-2020 02:29:14    Onderwerp: MLB Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store Reageren met citaat
Tim Kurkjian: The biggest trade I ever covered at the winter meetings came on Dec. 5, 1990, at the meetings outside of Chicago. The Toronto Blue Jays sent first baseman Fred McGriff and shortstop Tony Fernandez to the San Diego Padres for second baseman Roberto Alomar and outfielder Joe Carter. McGriff had hit 105 home runs in his previous three seasons combined; someday he might be a Hall of Famer. Fernandez had made the All-Star team in three of his previous four seasons, an excellent player in his prime. Carter had averaged nearly 30 homers a year for the previous four seasons; he, of course, hit the walk-off home run to win the 1993 World Series for the Blue Jays. Alomar was the best player on two World Series championship teams (1992 and 1993) in Toronto and would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. The day of the trade, some in the media called it the Fred McGriff trade, the Joe Carter trade, the Tony Fernandez trade. Blue Jays general manager Pat Gillick whispered to me late that night, "This will always be known as the Roberto Alomar trade.''Colorado Rockies Face Masks

BALTIMORE -- - Starting second baseman Hanser Alberto was let go Wednesday by the Baltimore Orioles, who agreed to one-year contracts with catcher Pedro Severino and infielder Yolmer Sánchez.

While in their home cities, players and staff are banned from visiting bars, lounges, malls or other places where groups of people are gathered.MLB Face Masks

When Frank Thomas joined the Phillies in August 1964, he had already gained the reputation as a “needler.” Philadelphia Inquirer writer Sandy Grady once wrote of him, “He had an uncanny knack for saying the wrong thing at the wrong time to the wrong guy.” Allen was often the target of Thomas’ agitating. Once, after arriving at an airport in Los Angeles, Thomas flipped him a quarter and yelled, “Hey, boy, take my bags!” Allen recalled in a 1971 interview with Sporting News. Thomas thought it was funny. Allen wasn’t laughing. Eventually, they’d both be involved in one of the most infamous fights in baseball history.Los Angeles Angels Face Masks

Pau Gasol had tried to convince Grizzlies management to draft Marc in 2007 then, once the Lakers picked him 48th, to trade for him. When the Grizzlies exchanged Gasols seven months later, one member of Memphis' management team joked with Pau, "'We finally got [Marc], thank you, Pau!,'" the elder Gasol recalled. "I said, 'Well, that's not exactly how I envisioned it.'"

“He liked to help the little guy,” said Carfagno, who has spent the better part of three decades lobbying to get Allen into the Hall. “That’s why I’m so passionate about this cause. I want to clear his image. Because it’s not what it’s depicted to be.”Cincinnati Reds Face Masks

For players, this could be a "Game of Thrones" offseason: Winter is coming. Cold, harsh and agents fighting to get what few monetary scraps owners will be willing to shell out to free agents. A few players will get paid: Trevor Bauer, George Springer, J.T. Realmuto, DJ LeMahieu, maybe Marcell Ozuna. But second-tier and third-tier players might be scrambling for jobs right up to the start of spring training, just like what happened a couple of years ago in the offseason.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Spriggs Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: